Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Daily Three 11/21: Gone on Business

Business kind of. I have an out of town job interview. You mean to say this flourishing blog doesn't pay the rent? Well you are quit mistaken. I live with my parents, so there is no rent.

But nothing will stop my posting.


Kanye West - Diamonds from Sierra Leone (remix ft. Jay-Z)

I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man.

Word.




Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing (live)

Somehow Stevie managed to do Jimi Hendrix covers better than Jimi did them himself. No disrespect to Jimi, I mean hell, I could improve on sliced bread once you show me it's possible.

I just always felt Jimi was a messy artist, but a genius at his craft, creating from thin air what other never would have even imagined. Stevie was a careful painter and worked with perfect strokes. He could replicate the masters very well.

Not to say he was not a master in his own right, but we all know Hendrix is Zues and all the others are working for him.

Anyways, maybe this can be talked more about later. Let us watch SRV rip.




Fats Domino - Blueberry Hill

At first I was starting to feel guilty that most of the songs I post are older. But then I thought of this:

If I have heard songs from the 60's to now, that's 50 years, statistically speaking, only 1/50, or 2% of my songs should be from the last year.

Thinking of it like that makes me feel like I need to give the 50's some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment