Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Daily Three 11/25: Run Away From Me Baby

Run away,
Run away as fast as you can.

Sure, its Thanksgiving, but why let that get in the way of a perfectly good song I have stuck in my head?


Charles Manson - Look at Your Game Girl

I always feel really weird about liking this song. On one hand you have a really smooth melody and pretty insightful lyrics. Then, if you were to look at the other hand, you have a cult leading serial killer that believed the Beatles were instructing him to kill with their songs.

Well, you take the good with the bad. Your pros with your cons, if you will.

Look at Your Game Girl (You Tube link)


Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes - I Miss You

Well, what is the best metaphor for listening to this song?

Like looking out at the city and watching the rain drops cling to the window?

Like slowing down the spinning record in your mind?

Like gathering with all your old friends on a warm afternoon?

I dunno, there is too much good feeling in this song to really put a handle on it. Sure it is kind of sad, the whole I miss you thing and all, but something about really calms me down. If I were to be missing someone it wouldn't make me miss them less, but it would make me feel better about missing them...

I Miss You (You Tube link)

(bonus points for the fly old-school style)



Hi-Tek - Can We Go Back

Ah, yes, one of the best beat makers out there. Smooth and melodic with a slick chorus and a few verses sung by a singer by the name of Ayak. All sealed up in a killer verse by Talib and you have one of my personal favorites.

Can We Go Back (You Tube link)


And ya, are these songs all a little mushy. Do I have something on my mind? No...maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment